The following is some statistics you may, or may not know about The Atlanta Braves:
- Atlanta is third in lowest percentage of swinging at pitches outside the zone in the MLB.
- The Braves have a .306 BABIP with RISP this season.
- Their magic number is 50.
- Bravo pitchers have a collective 1.27 WHIP, third in baseball.
- Opposing hitters have posted a line of .244/.316/.371/.687. Which is 2nd best in the majors (behind San Diego)
- Tim Hudson has the best sinker/fastball in baseball.
- The Braves are leaving 7.30 runners on per game at home. On the road, they are leaving 8.35 per game, (most in the league).
- Braves OPS is 13th in baseball at .739.
- Atlanta’s OF has a .389 SLG%
- Braves road record is 25-32. No other 1st place team has a losing record on the road.
- Lowe, Saito, Medlen, Hanson, and Jurrjens swing at less balls outside the strike zone than Melky “Farm Animal” Cabrera.
- Braves have committed 79 errors. 7th most in baseball
- Without Yunel, the Braves are 13th in defensive runs saved. (With him they were 4th.)
More to come!
(Some stats provided by @BravesStats)